7 of the 10 largest IPOs by proceeds raised listed on Nasdaq
78% of all proceeds raised through Nasdaq-listed IPOs
NEW YORK, June 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Nasdaq (NDAQ) today announced that in the first half of 2022 it hosted 108 initial public offerings (IPOs), raising a total of $12 billion . A total of 49 operating companies and 59 SPACs listed on Nasdaq in the first six months of 2022, representing an 87% success rate in the US market and extending Nasdaq leadership to 34 consecutive quarters. In addition to the IPOs, 6 companies transferred their listing to Nasdaq, representing a combined market value of $8.6 billion.
“Despite a slower start to the year, there is a healthy pipeline of companies across all industries awaiting their IPO opportunity in the next twelve months,” said Nelson Griggs, President, Nasdaq Stock Exchange. “Nasdaq is the stock exchange of choice for companies transitioning to public because of our support throughout the IPO process and our commitment to helping them navigate the markets as public companies through to our lifecycle solutions.”
A video accompanying highlights of Nasdaq US quotes in the first half is available at: https://vimeo.com/725011039/c2bbec93e9.
HIGHLIGHTS OF NASDAQ US LISTINGS FOR THE FIRST HALF OF 2022
- Leader in the listing market in the United States: The Nasdaq hosted 108 IPOs, raising $12 billion. Seven of the top ten and three of the five largest IPOs by proceeds raised are listed on Nasdaq, including the largest IPO, TPG Inc., and the largest SPAC, Screaming Eagle Acquisition Corp.
- Leading US exchange for IPOs in the healthcare, consumer and technology sectors: The Nasdaq maintained its strong track record in the healthcare, consumer, and technology sectors with success rates of 95%, 88%, and 100%, respectively.
- Support for companies in public procurement via the SPACs: The Nasdaq continued its influence in the SPAC market, hosting 84% of all SPAC IPOs, raising $8.7 billion. A total of 31 SPAC business combinations listed in the first 6 months of 2022, representing a 65% success rate in the United States
- Acquisition of Metrio, a leader in sustainability software: to expand Nasdaq’s end-to-end suite of ESG-focused technologies and solutions to help clients achieve their sustainability and corporate governance goals.
- Nasdaq List Major Anniversaries and Milestones: including Comcast Corporation (50 years), Starbucks (30 years), Amazon (25 years), JetBlue (20 years), Netflix (20 years), PepsiCo (5 years) and many others.
For companies interested in learning more about Nasdaq’s pre-IPO governance checklist and best practices, please visit here.
Nasdaq (NDAQ) is a global technology company serving capital markets and other industries. Our diverse offering of data, analytics, software and services enables clients to optimize and execute their business vision with confidence. To learn more about the company, technology solutions and career opportunities, visit us on LinkedIn, on Twitter @Nasdaq or at www.nasdaq.com.
Nasdaq Media Contact