- Fidelia, 54, is a licensed real estate broker who faces her Republican opponent for the second time, albeit in a different race. The last time was a 2013 race for Islip City Council.
- Fidelia served on the Suffolk County Board of Real Estate Agents on Long Island. She also co-founded the Haitian-American Political Action Committee, with Stand Up To Poverty, a nonprofit that recruits and trains leaders in poverty reduction efforts.
- She is currently President of the Rotary Club of Islip and Treasurer of the Association of United Haitians.
- Fidelia previously served on the Foreign Trade Zone Authority of Islip Town and worked for Anchor Capital, an international trade services company.
- She and her husband have lived in Islip for over 20 years and are raising four children.
- Fidelia says her priorities are “community advocacy”, “environmental leadership” and supporting families. She says this includes expanding the county’s services for families and children and creating workforce housing options more suited to commuters at the local level.
- She wants to expand the use of electric buses, protect water quality and encourage communities to plan resilience projects in the face of sea level rise.
- She wants to use public transit to promote and showcase the county and Islip. On her website, she says concerns about the local environment and overdevelopment remain unanswered.
Did not find what you were looking for ?